Tuesday, September 9, 2008

this year's love

This past Friday I woke up to Kaitlin calling me into the kitchen. Half-coherent and half-dressed, I stumbled out of my room to find my roommates made me breakfast on my birthday. Pancakes and eggs, chocolate soymilk, coffee, and a 6 pack of O'Doul's (courtesy of Keith as a 20th joke) filled our little table with a very sleepy Jackie. It's a rarity for all 4 of us to be in a room at the same time, but at 7:30 in the morning we ate our first meal together on that little table. So we filled our stomachs (let me tell you, soymilk and O'Doul's is NOT a tasty combination! haha), we laughed at how much Jackie looked more Asian in the morning :) and shared current life things. Definitely a perfect start to the day.

Later that night we dressed up and went to Osaka for sushi and hibachi. It was a long process to get from our house to Osaka but after rolling Kaitlin's dead car down University in heels with Josh and Lis, it started up and we arrived! Late, but what can you do? When I walked into the door I was amazed at how many smiling faces greeted me. We couldn't even fit all of us around a 16 person hibachi grill. Some people always say it's either quality or quantity, but I am confident that I have the best of both worlds. It is such a blessing to have so many wonderful people in your life. I am so lucky to have such caring, considerate, dependable, fun-loving, and hilarious friends who make everyday more enjoyable than the last. I used to think that birthdays were such a big deal, but I realize it's the people who celebrate with you that make them special. I love where life has taken me, and although I have calculus and organic exams next week, a killer cold, and little food in the fridge, I have absolutely nothing to worry about. There's so much to appreciate and to love about life.

1 comment:

Fodoz said...

:) this is radiant! and even after you dropped your art set this morning! i hope you never cease seizing. now let's go get some FOOD!