Tuesday, August 12, 2008

you feel like home to me

Greetings from the home of the 4th ranked Tigers! I saw our football boys on the cover of Sports Illustrated peeping out behind the other magazines. Let's just hope this one isn't the kiss of death...again. I can't express how pumped up I am for this season! I'm ready for awesome tailgates at the boys' house, painting up and spelling out clever phrases, and that beautiful sound of the stadium after a touchdown! Fall has to be my favorite semester for this reason... It seems to bring everyone back together. 

People say you never know how much you really miss a place until you return. This is true for me. It feels so wonderful to be back in Columbia! After a stressful and tiring week scrambling to get things done, I am so happy to find refuge in this little apartment and in familiar faces. This morning Kaitlin and I made a delicious breakfast of pancakes, eggs and bacon in our little kitchen... It's pleasantly convenient to have a place to cook after living in the dorms for two years. Very nice! After she left for an interview, I had the entire apartment to myself. Empty! So I cleaned for a bit, tried to unpack some things and ended the morning in the kitchen again. Some good music, tasty coffee, and a nice window seat on the kitchen counter makes mornings so much more enjoyable. This may be my 2nd favorite part of my day...maybe. Last night Jimbo and I went fishing at Stephens Lake Park. Considering I haven't picked up a pole and baited a worm in about 6 years, I established a nice little record! I hooked 3 very cute blue gills in a matter of 10 minutes! It was definitely an awesome time... If you ever visit, you should check out this park! The sunset is so beautiful on the lake. After fishing we went to see Batman with all the other boys and I'm still cracking up over the hand sanitizing scene! Finally! A three hour movie that keeps you interested from beginning to end! Awesome movie, awesome performance by Heath, blah blah blah you've already heard enough from everyone else I'm sure. 

We're still working out the internet situation so this is the sole time I've been able to access it. Temporarily we are stealing internet from the girls above us but it's only working on Jackie and Kaitlin's laptops. Probably won't be back online for a few days... Until then take care!







No comments: