Thursday, August 21, 2008

currents and [constants]

Smell: my shampoo

Sight: A sticky note from Kaitlin that says “P.S. You are Sunshine”

Sound: Question- Old 97’s… who are at the Blue Note in October!

Thought: It was a nice change of pace to wake up this morning to the sound of the rain outside my window. Rainy days always make me want to cook something special to eat, fall into my bed, and read a book all day. I’m half anticipating, half dreading the first week of school partly for the reason that this short “summer vacation” will be over. It also means that it’s the start of the last year for a good handful of my friends who will be graduating next May. Quick recaps of memories from the past twelve months flash through my mind and as the direction jumps from one moment to another, I realize that I would never change a thing that’s happened. There have been silly and serious mistakes I’ve made, uncertainty in most aspects, sadness in hidden tears, academic facts and life lessons learned, and some of the most indescribable and happiest moments. But those friends, who have been there through it all, are the most meaningful to me.
I have a feeling this year will not be any different. It’s just another exciting chapter of a book that I can’t put down on a rainy day like this.




For the sweet tooth:
Genius (and delicious) Trail Mix brownies Kaitlin and I concocted
Try not to lick the screen

1 comment:

Fodoz said...

"try not to lick the screen"--hahahahahahaha

if you were writing about a river it would be currants and constants. does constant mean anti-stant? what is a stant? like the past tense of stand?

...stood

so the rainy day/book reading day/cook something special to eat day sounds oh so good. wow, that was yesterday! seems like miles of time ago. monday we'll be starting Class Life At The Apartment. wowie!