Sunday, November 2, 2008

one for sorrow, two for joy, three for girls, four for boys

When everything’s over
And everything’s clear
When everyone’s older
No one is here
I try to remember
A girl on a wire
Tumbling and diving above Steven’s Green
Like a kite in the air

I've just started listening to the new (at least to me) Counting Crows album that came out in Spring this year, Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings... It's worth a listen! Out of all the tracks, I personally like Los Angeles, On A Tuesday in Amsterdam Long Ago, Come Around, Cowboys and Washington Square.

This week in retrospect
A few things I've accomplished:
-waited in line for 5 long hours to see the next President of
the United States (definitely worth it!)
-crunched fall leaves beneath my feet
-taken more pictures than I can fathom
-quickly started to diminish the balance in my checking account
-skipped class...unwillingly
-carved an emo pumpkin
-created an entire costume solely from fabric, thread,
and polymer clay (hand-stitched, I might add!)
-dressed up as dinner (free burritos at Chipotle!)

my creation


A few things that have made me smile:
-Jimbo and Jackie recording a gangsta rap for PSP, an honors fraternity.
-this immaculately beautiful weather
-listening to JT and Culture Club's "Do You Really
Want to Hurt Me?" in drawing class
-renting The Darjeeling Limited and devouring
java chip ice cream with Carl
-jamming out to "Semi-Charmed Life" with Amanda and Lis
-Hanook's dance skills at India Night and
Clone High episodes at Paul's
-locking eyes with Obama
(totally exchanged numbers by blinking in morse code)
-Halloweenie festivities
-news that my sister and her boyfriend are now engaged! :)

A few habits I should break by next week:
-stumbling out of bed 10 minutes before class
-procrastination, procrastination, procrastination.
-unintentional but "harmless" flirtation.
-partaking in nostalgia through old mix cds
-insomnia that never falters until 3 or 4am



my beautiful Asian roommie, Jackie

my favorite syrup-loving-lumberjack, Scott

No comments: