Sunday, April 20, 2008

we'll weave our days together like waves and particles of light




It's that amazing time of day again when the sun is setting so slowly that this bright orange light pours in from our four big windows. It casts so many different shadows on the furniture, the pictures hung on the walls, the reminder notes on our desks... I absolutely love these few minutes. I feel perfectly comfortable in this light.

I probably shouldn't be blogging but I figured that I've taken a long enough hiatus and that I could use a few minutes away from genetics. The weather was absolutely beautiful today. There's bright, multicolored flowers popping up from the ground around Memorial Union, daffodils line the sidewalks by Speaker Circle, and these huge purple flowers form on the magnolia trees along the quad. Everything returns to life in the Spring, and I think I get more appreciative of every little greenery I encounter. The long winter depression is finally over! It's pretty hard to worry about things like papers and finals when there's so much beauty around you.

Hope everyone's weekend went well! 
Kim


1 comment:

Fodoz said...

i love that you love this time of day. i love the early morning sun coming through the windows and you love the late afternoon sun coming through the windows. yummmmm i love the balance it brings to our cozy room.